General English + 5hrs Exam Preparation
Improve your English skills and gain an internationally recognised qualification for work, for university admission or just for personal satisfaction. Course includes 15 hours tuition per week within a General English class plus early morning examination preparation programme.
You can prepare for:
- B1:PET (Preliminary English Test)
- Business English Certificate (BEC)
- B2:First (First Certificate in English)
- C1:Advanced (Certificate of Advanced English)
- C2:Proficiency Certificate of Proficient English)
Our pass rate is remarkably good – almost 100% through the past five years!
We encourage students to participate in our afternoon activities, as one of the biggest advantages of studying an English language course in the UK is the opportunity to practice conversational English every day with those around you.
Content: Learn to speak and write more fluently. Develop your reading and listening skills. Improve your grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation. Use better learning techniques. Receive exam training and guidance. Practise with past papers.
Tuition: 25 lessons (20 hours per week)
Min age: 16
Levels: Intermediate – Advanced
Max class size: 12
Duration: 9 – 16 weeks
2019 Exam Dates
The dates below offer ideal start dates but it is possible to start a little before or a little after these dates and still join the exam classes.
|B2:First (FCE) Short Course||Duration||Exam Date|
|7 January||9 weeks||9 March|
|25 March||11 weeks||8 June|
|10 June||11 weeks||22 Aug|
|30 September||11 weeks||14 Dec|
|B2:First (FCE) Long Course||Duration||Exam Date|
|4 March||14 weeks||8 June|
|27 August||16 weeks||14 December|
|C1:Advanced (CAE) Short Course||Duration||Exam Date|
|7 January||10 weeks||16 March|
|25 March||12 weeks||12 June|
|10 June||11 weeks||23 August|
|30 September||11 weeks||14 December|
|C1:Advanced (CAE) Long Course||Duration||Exam Date|
|4 March||15 weeks||12 June|
|27 August||16 weeks||14 December|
|C2:Proficiency (CPE) Short Course||Duration||Exam Date|
|25 March||12 weeks||13 June|
|16 September||12 weeks||5 December|
|C2:Proficiency (CPE) Long Course||Duration||Exam Date|
|4 March||15 weeks||13 June|
|27 August||15 weeks||5 December|
- On 9-12 week courses FCE candidates should be at good CEFR B1 level; CAE candidates at CEFR B2 level; CPE candidates at CEFR C1 level at the start of the course.
- For students not quite at those levels we suggest our 15-16 week course.
Price per week
|2018 and 2019|
|1 – 11 weeks||£265
(£295 – 17 June – 23 August)
|12 + weeks||£245
(£275 – 17 June – 23 August)
|16 & 17 year-olds||£305
(£340 – 17 June – 23 August)
- Course book and teaching materials
- Early morning examination preparation programme
- Optional afternoon programme of activities – sport, cultural, film, discussion
- Use of self-study facilities
- Welcome pack with maps and handbook
- Placement test
- Leavers certificate
- Free access to email, internet and WI-FI
- Add registration fee of £85
- The cost of the first set of course books is included in the registration fee. Students on longer course will have the cost of additional course books added to their initial invoice. The cost is approximately £55 every eight weeks.
- An additional Exam Entry Fee (approximately £175) is payable when you enrol for an exam. The school will advise you on the most suitable examination for you; we reserve the right not to enter students for exams which we feel are not appropriate.
- During the busiest part of the summer your classes may be taught from a building other than Bridge House
- The school is closed on the following dates:
UK public holidays:
19 April, 22 April, 6 May, 27 May, 26 August 2019
15 December 2018 – 7 January 2019
14 December 2019 – 5 January 2020