General English + 5 hours IELTS Preparation
Work towards the IELTS score that you need for job, for university admission or for personal satisfaction. Course includes 15 hours per week within a General English class plus early morning test preparation. You will receive an IELTS course book as well as a General English course book.
Our qualified exam and test preparation teachers are trained specifically to help you achieve the best possible IELTS test score.
You can join the IELTS Preparation Course any Monday, having arrived at your accommodation on the Saturday or Sunday.
We encourage students to participate in our afternoon activities, as one of the biggest advantages of studying an English language course in the UK is the opportunity to practice conversational English every day with those around you.
Content: Thorough preparation for the IELTS Test. Emphasis on learning to speak and write more fluently. Development of your reading and listening skills. Improve your use of English with work on grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation. Look at learning techniques that will help you achieve results. Receive test training and guidance. Practise with past papers.
Tuition: 25 lessons (20 hours per week)
Min age: 16
Levels: IELTS 3.5-6.5
Max class size: 12
Duration: 9 – 16 weeks
IELTS tests are offered once a month at our local centre. We will help you with your test entry.
Standard: 6 April – 11 June and 31 August – 29 October
Peak: 14 June – 27 August
Winter: 1 November 2021 – 25 March 2022***
Closed: 12 December 2021 – 3 January 2022
|Weeks||Cost per week|
|1 – 11||£285||£330||£195|
|16 & 17 year-olds||£315*||£370**||£225*|
*Fee includes: 15 hours General English tuition; Celc Social Club membership; all activities, including one half-day excursion per week
**As above, PLUS one full-day excursion per week
***Winter fees for 2022 (Jan-Mar) may be a little more than 2021 (Nov & Dec)
- Course book and materials for both IELTS and General English
- Early morning test preparation programme
- Optional afternoon programme of activities – sport, cultural, film, discussion
- Use of self-study facilities
- Welcome pack with maps and handbook
- Placement test
- Leavers certificate
- Free access to email, internet and WI-FI
- Add registration fee of £90
- The cost of the first set of course books is included in the registration fee. Students on longer course will have the cost of additional course books added to their initial invoice. The cost is approximately £55 every eight weeks.
- The test entry fee is approximately £175 and is not included in the course fee.
- During the busiest part of the summer your classes may be taught from a building other than Bridge House
- The school is closed on the following dates:
- UK public holidays:
2 April, 5 April, 3 May, 31 May, 30 August 2021
12 December 2021 – 3 January 2022