Terms and Conditions
Cancellation and refunds
If the UK government, or the government in your country, advises against travel to the UK before you have started your programme, we will refund all fees OR give you the opportunity to defer your programme until a future year, if still of age. The £150.00 registration fee will be retained as soon as its associated services have been provided; all other money received will be refunded in full.
If we are forced to cancel our summer school due to coronavirus or any other reason, all money received, including the registration fee, will be returned in full.
If a student cannot travel to the UK, for any reason, they would be required to cancel their course. Any cancellation would incur a cancellation fee as follows:
- If you cancel less than 30 days before the start of your course, the cancellation fee is £100.00.
- If you cancel less than 20 days before the start of your course, the cancellation fee is £250.00.
- If you cancel less than 10 days before the start of your course, the cancellation fee is £500.00.
In order to avoid a cancellation fee due to a positive Covid-19 test, we strongly suggest that parents/guardians take out an insurance policy which includes cancellation.
Our policy in terms of coronavirus testing and isolation is to follow whatever government guidelines are in place at the time our programme takes place. We appreciate that this may change between now and July, but we will respond to any change appropriately.
The current situation in the UK is that international visitors who are fully vaccinated or under the age of 18 do not need to test before travelling and do not need to test or self-isolate on arrival. If nothing changes before July, the school will respect and follow this guidance.
Self-isolation & testing
The current situation in the UK is that asymptomatic testing has stopped and there is no expectation for people to test on a regular basis. Those who develop symptoms of coronavirus are advised to test and self-isolate, but there is no legal requirement to do so. If nothing changes before July, the school will respect and follow this guidance and not require students to test or self-isolate during the programme.
UK law does not apply to departures; people leaving the UK must follow the law of the country they are travelling to.
- If a student is required to test before travelling to their destination, we will organise and assist with this process. Any costs will need to be covered by the student or their parent/guardian, but the costs are modest and the system is reliable.
- If a student cannot travel home due to a positive covid test before departure, we will take all reasonable measures to look after them and manage their extended stay sensitively until such time as they are able to return home. The associated costs would need to be covered by an insurance policy or by the parent/legal guardian directly; these could be significant and we therefore strongly recommend an appropriate insurance policy.