Why study English in the UK?
Credit: Highdale Consulting
Around 600,000 people travel to the UK every year to learn English in the birthplace of the language.
There are many reasons why people make this choice:
- The UK is home to the English language and its qualifications are recognised wherever you go.
- The UK has a worldwide reputation for academic excellence. English language schools in the UK which are accredited by the British Council are regularly inspected to ensure that high standards are maintained in every area of school life, including course design, teaching and learning, premises and facilities, student welfare and accommodation, leisure opportunities and accuracy of promotional materials. Because of this you can be sure that if you study English in the UK in an accredited school, you will get exactly what you are promised.
- The UK is an exciting place in which to live, with a rich mix of history, culture, global influences and opportunities to learn and progress in any chosen career.
- You will have the opportunity to meet people from all over the world!
- You will have the chance to travel around the UK and into Europe by making the most of the good travel links which are in place.
Here’s what some Celc students have said about their experience of studying English in the UK:
“When I look for English school of language on internet, I found Celc. I chose it because it was close to the beach. When I came I was amazed because England is so beautiful!”
“I came to do English language course in UK because I wanted to learn English in the home of English and I wanted to get the British accent because I love it! I am really happy because we study pronunciation and Celc is such a great English language school.”
“I wanted to study English in UK for a long time because my older brother came here before and he told me that it was a great chance to meet people from everywhere in the world…and then in the future we can have many free holidays around the world – just kidding!”
“I heard that UK school of English was best in the world before I came to England. When I came here I found I was right.”
“When I booked my English course in UK, I had no idea what a fantastic and fun time I was going to have! I had an absolutley perfect time and made some amazing friends.”